GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI stage tune?? What am I missing

GTISI

Hello hello , first time post on this site .
Seems here has the best knowledge , ideas and recommendations
Right straight into it , Irish car brought in from the Uk 2009 plate GTI white 3 door. 78k miles
Spec;
Custom turbo back 3 inch (decat)
Revo intake
Golf R Injectors
Big brake kit on front (AP)
Brembo drilled discs all round
Ebc pads
Bilstein b8 shocks all round
Recently put on bbs ch
Yokohama ado8r tyres each corner
Stage 1 map
Dynoed at 282....

right so problem starts here .. won’t say who mapped it in Ireland but I’m sure irish users could guess anyways, under no circumstance the tuner( iv used for years ) will do stage 2 with me as his main issue is fuelling ?? IE Revo hpfp or similar followed by intank or lpfp can really find this hard to believe from past hearings of friend or previous mk5s I’ve owned, can anybody explain why not it’s not possible or is this bs...
Cheers lads
Si

Attachments

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
If you're wanting Stage 2 on a K03 turbo, there should be no issues with fueling at all. Sounds like BS to me. Most, if not all of us on Stage 2 have done zero mods to the fuel system. Fueling becomes an issue with big turbo swaps.

GTISI

If you're wanting Stage 2 on a K03 turbo, there should be no issues with fueling at all. Sounds like BS to me. Most, if not all of us on Stage 2 have done zero mods to the fuel system. Fueling becomes an issue with big turbo swaps.
Yeah thought myself is was complete BS!
Can anybody reccomend anybody to do a stage 2 map in Ireland ? Or would revo be the best route?

Timothy Bryce

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah thought myself is was complete BS!
Can anybody reccomend anybody to do a stage 2 map in Ireland ? Or would revo be the best route?
I personally love my Revo tune. Wasn't a great deal of choice where I live but it's exactly what I'd hoped for.
As for HPFP; all that's required for stage 2 is one that works correctly.
The company here in the UK doing my engine swap said that the most common issues they find when swapping high mileage engines are failing HPFPs and injectors. That could be what your tuner was referring to but unless they have numbers to back it up they should have no problem with applying the map and then if they found that fuelling was an issue they could offer to replace the pump or revert to stage 1. As such, yeah sounds like BS to me!